The sudden rise of TVOD (abbreviated, Transactional Video On Demand) can be attributed to a combination of factors, including changes in consumer behavior, technological advancements, and the rise of VOD Platforms. Video creators are earning money with TVOD model by producing relevant videos.
While the market may not have seen it coming, there were certainly silent waves building as more people turned to on-demand videos and apps, choosing to rely on SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, and more such models 🍿
As Forbes states, the pandemic has accelerated the shift toward streaming services and online video content. Many consumers now prefer to watch movies and TV shows from the comfort of their homes.
At the same time, advancements in technology and increased internet penetration have made it easier for video creators to…
➡️ produce and distribute high-quality content,
➡️ providing more options for subscribers,
➡️ and pay for that content via TVOD model.
This has created a huge opportunity for video creators to monetize their content through TVOD, as consumers are increasingly willing to pay for high-quality, on-demand video content.
The Definition: What is TVOD?
TVOD, or transactional video on demand, is a model where users pay a one-time fee to rent or purchase specific video content.
🛎️ In simple terms, TVOD means that viewers can choose to pay to watch a specific video or movie rather than paying a subscription fee to access a whole library of content.
TVOS is like buying a book, where you pay for the specific book you want to read instead of paying a monthly fee to access an entire library.
It’s a way for creators to monetize their content with video monetization platforms by charging viewers directly for video access, over-relying on advertising, or subscription revenue.
What Are Different Types Of TVOD?
➡️ Pay-Per-View TVOD: Viewers pay a one-time fee on a Video Monetization Platform to access a specific video or event, such as a live stream or concert. This can be a good option for creators with exclusive or time-sensitive content for which viewers are willing to pay a premium.
➡️ Rental TVOD: Video on Demand viewers pay a one-time fee to rent a video for a specific time, usually 24-48 hours. This can be a good option for creators with a large library of content who want to generate revenue from videos that may not be as popular as others.
➡️ Bundled TVOD: Creators bundle a series of videos and offer them at a discounted rate. This can be a good option for creators who want to encourage viewers to purchase multiple videos at once and can help increase revenue by offering a bundled package deal.
What Are The Benefits Of TVOD For Video Creators?
TVOD can be a great option for video creators with high-quality content that viewers are willing to pay for, and it allows creators to retain full control over their content and pricing. Here are some benefits of TVOD that video creators can leverage with:
- Video creators can monetize single pieces of content rather than relying on monthly subscription revenues. If the subscriber wants to see just one video of their choice, you give them that option 😎
- Unlike SVOD, where you are a little tight-lipped regarding pricing strategy, creators have full control over pricing and distribution in the TVOD model and can experiment with different pricing models.
- As more subscribers buy the content published online, creators can be firm about earning more money on TVOD Platforms. And provides higher revenue per user compared to ad-supported models 💸
- Isn’t it always beautiful to have lots of subscribers who love your content? Since TVOD allows a single purchase, creators can expect so many subscribers, which also, in turn, increases your social presence.
- With TVOD, all creators need to do is create evergreen and everlasting videos that will stand the test of time and never fade away. By doing so, they can remove the burden of creating content consistently.
- The best part of the TVOD model is you can experiment with different pricing models based on your mindset. Let’s say; for one video, you can charge $6 and $20 for the other. And it’s totally fine. All you need to do is create premium content that provides value to the viewer 😇
- Niching down is THE important aspect of the journey of every creator. And with a TVOD platform, you can directly cater to your niche and target audience without having to swing the bat in every direction.
- Who doesn’t like to be popular online? Millions of followers on Instagram – cool thing, right? As TVOD offers you more subscribers, it is not just your bank account that bulges up; your social media too 😍
- TVOD offers subscribers access to premium content that cannot be found elsewhere on the Internet. Have such videos already and looking for a safe haven to stream and sell your videos online? Click here!
- Imagine you are engrossed in watching an engaging video, and an ad pops out of nowhere. Pssttt, we’d be equally enraged too! But you can eliminate ads totally with TVOD and offer a quality streaming experience for your subscribers 🔥
As the world becomes more digital, TVOD will likely continue to grow in popularity, providing a lucrative revenue stream for video creators and a convenient and enjoyable viewing experience for viewers.
Future Of TVOD Trends For Subscribers
The rise of streaming platforms and the popularity of original content has made viewers more accustomed to paying for online videos. As more platforms offer exclusive content and build loyal fan bases, viewers are more willing to pay to access premium content.
Also, the accessibility of TVOD is unmatched. With the ability to rent or purchase content on-demand, viewers have more control over what they watch and when. They no longer have to be tied to a TV schedule or pay for a cable subscription to access the content 📺
And above all, the pandemic accelerated the shift of digital entertainment, as more people spend time at home and rely on streaming platforms for entertainment, education, and more.
TVOD will continue to thrive. And it is high time for creators to harness the power of TVOD, take a step in the right direction for choosing video monetization, and implement a TVOD subscription model.
TVOD vs SVOD: Crisp Comparison
SVOD provides a steady revenue stream through monthly subscriptions, making it a reliable revenue model. It also provides a consistent viewer base and the opportunity to build a community of dedicated fans. However, creators have less flexibility over pricing and must continually produce new content to keep subscribers engaged.
Whereas TVOD allows creators to monetize individual (or a group of) videos and experiment with different pricing. It also provides higher revenue per subscriber and more control over pricing and distribution. However, TVOD can be less reliable as it relies on viewers purchasing content individually.
Overall, both models have advantages and can be effective in different circumstances. However, TVOD may have a slight upper hand in providing more control for creators and potentially higher revenue per user ❤️🔥
TVOD vs AVOD: Crisp Comparison
AVOD is free to viewers and generates revenue through ads, making it accessible to a wider audience and potentially providing a higher viewer count. However, it can also be intrusive and negatively impact the viewing experience, leading to lower engagement and loyalty. Because not many would want to be continually interrupted by ads.
But TVOD is completely ad-free and offers creators the flexibility to monetize their content in various ways, such as…
➡️ offering bundles packages
➡️ discounts for multiple purchases
➡️ different pricing models
➡️ and generate higher revenue.
Allowing creators to tailor their approach for specific audiences, TVOD can lead to a more loyal viewer base and socially engaged fans willing to pay for quality content every time a new video is up and running.
Conclusion: TVOD For Video Creators
TVOD is a powerful and effective way for video creators to monetize their content and generate higher revenue per user 📈
While other models, such as SVOD and AVOD, have their strengths, TVOD offers greater control and flexibility for creators to experiment with pricing and distribution and tailor their approach to their specific audience.
Recalling the benefits that will give creators extra edge:
➡️ Monetize even single videos
➡️ Full control over pricing
➡️ Higher revenue stream
➡️ More subscribers to support
➡️ Experiment with pricing models
➡️ Reach target audience directly
➡️ Popular social media presence
Before you go, here are three questions for you to think about:
- Are you a video creator wanting a safe place to stream and sell videos?
- Are you a video creator tired of not earning enough online?
- Are you a video creator without wider reach or revenue?
The questions are aplenty. But the answer is one! Start your journey with GUDSHO, the most happening video monetization platform for video creators of all kinds, and scale your creator biz all around the world with powerful video monetization features to fire up your online growth 🌎
Every video creator should explore the possibilities of TVOD and continue their journey of creating and sharing their content with the world. Remember, every video is an opportunity to inspire and entertain, so keep creating and never stop pursuing your passion 💃
Leave a Reply